Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Anatomy and Painting the Female Figure: Part 1

Anatomy and Painting the Female Figure: Part 1


http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/119/1/2/Female_Anatomy_Reference_1_by_naiser.jpg

The Female form is the most complex to draw by far for most artist. It is immediately obvious to any viewer art critique or novice when a Figure has been sketched, drawn, or painted incorrectly. Not even Abstract paintings of the female human figure can escape this trait of the human observe to know when a representation is not correct.
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/104/d/e/Female_Anatomy_Study_3_2008_by_ClaytonBarton.jpg
There Are many aspects of drawing the female body correctly. The female body has many forms and curves to place precisely and proportionality. Personally I prefer to start by seeking out key bone structures in the female body. Second I look for individual muscular features and proportion to other parts of the figure.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ruNmKeZaSOs/SP0za3IKb_I/AAAAAAAAAjU/EcFCl56SkSQ/s320/female-proportions.jpg
Artist should strive to have a complete understanding of bones, muscles, and how these influence a woman's anatomy. This understanding will give the Artist clues, starting points, and references that will enhance his or her ability to Paint the female figure with precision. Skin is shaped by muscle underneath and muscle is partly shaped by the bone it is attached to.
http://th04.deviantart.com/fs31/300W/i/2008/223/8/8/female_body_reference_by_wynnter89.jpg
Individual women share many characteristics yet have huge variations in shapes colors etc.. A females lifestyle, age, and attitude can also influence the outcome of a painting. The fact that each woman's body is unique keeps the task of painting each one a challenge.

Check Back for Part two where i will be sharing more anatomy paintign secrets.

Anatomy and the Female Figure: Part 2 The Skeleton.

Be sure to visit my website Urban Picasso Art where you can see my latist master pieces for sale and see how i use these techniques in my work.

Cheers, z

www.UrbanPicassoArt.com

Free Image Hosting at www.auctiva.com


Just think, you have arrived at my listing for a real reason.
I'm a real living artist, you can check my Blog, eBay My World, and
my Feedback Score. REAL original quality art work is hard to
come by. Don't let this pass you by. Sign my Guest Book on my
ebay My World Page. Check out my ebay Blog Where I post My
Painting-A-Day series. I Understand eBay is a great way to
purchase art, but at the same time it is also a great way
to enjoy the arts. Comments are always welcome.
Plus there free.


Paintings may induce love making!


Original Abstract Hip hop Art by Zamiro

Paintings and fine wall decor.

www.UrbanPicassoArt.com

No comments: